About Me

My photo
I'm just your average 35 year old woman. I'm attractive, smart, funny, strong, driven, sincere, educated, well traveled, independent, a freak in bed (you know I had to include that), etc. I’m the girl that gets asked, “Why are you still single?” And really, it’s simple. I’m single because I choose to be...and I’m attracted to emotionally unavailable men. Beginning in 2011, I’m starting a study. Instead of declining, avoiding, or ignoring men, I’m going on as many dates as possible. This blog will chronicle those experiences and then some. Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/SerialCasDater

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Maybe I'll Start My Study Early?


Just a few moments ago I got a call from a guy I met last week at my friends show. He is actually one of the reasons I started thinking about being a serial casual dater. Really cute, seemed nice enough, there was a spark, did I mention really cute? Anyhow, it was going ok, considering the fact that it was a loud live music venue and I was drunk. And then he did it...said unthinkable..."I'm a producer."

Now let's get something straight. At a certain age, if you aren't earning a living at music, production, art, acting, etc., then it's a hobby. And having a hobby is fine. It's great! But let's just be real. But I digress.

My first thought was to ask him what he does to pay the bills but that would have been rude and I didn't want to disrupt such a pleasant flirtation. Normally, he would have been weeded out. Actually, he was weeded out. He text me the next day and in usual form, I neglected to respond. So today, he called, which is big in my book. I hate that men only text message. So, in the spirit of serial dating, I answered.

I threw on my friendliest, most flirty voice and said, "Hey you!" Gentlemen: If you're new in my life there's a good chance I won't remember your name. Nothing personal, I've just always been bad with names. So if you hear a "Hey you," that means I don't remember. But don't be offended if I've know you for a while. I've grown accustomed to saying 'Hey you' a lot now.

Anyway, we chatted for a moment. The typical 'I don't know you chit chat.' I told him I've been super busy. He said he wanted to see me and I let him know I'd be free next week after the 8th. Turns out the 8th is his birthday.

Guess who accepted her first date? And so my study begins one month early of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment