About Me

My photo
I'm just your average 35 year old woman. I'm attractive, smart, funny, strong, driven, sincere, educated, well traveled, independent, a freak in bed (you know I had to include that), etc. I’m the girl that gets asked, “Why are you still single?” And really, it’s simple. I’m single because I choose to be...and I’m attracted to emotionally unavailable men. Beginning in 2011, I’m starting a study. Instead of declining, avoiding, or ignoring men, I’m going on as many dates as possible. This blog will chronicle those experiences and then some. Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/SerialCasDater

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Do What Feels Good

I was just talking to a friend and was explaining to him that I feel like I'm in a process of letting go of several people who I've had one sided relationships with. Both romantic relationships and friendships. I think I've allowed myself to be taken for granted by a lot of people and either I've grown out of it or its pissed me off enough that it's just time to move on.
As of late, I've been releasing several people from my life. A friend of 16 years (which is tough), a disconnected f*ck buddy, and an emotional basket case of an ex-boyfriend. While it can be tough sometimes and I sometimes feel lonely, overall I feel good about it. I want people in my life that appreciate me. I figure if I can't make the people who are currently in my life appreciate me, then they'll get the boot and I'll meet some new people.

That's the thought behind having 3-4 men in rotation at all times. I just want to have fun with men. I don't want to think about what's going on between me and my emotionally stunted male companion. I don't want to wonder what's going on in his mind or concern myself with the ever popular question females tend to ask themselves, "Does he like me?" It won't matter because I'm in it for fun and when it stops being fun, well that's the end of that story.

And don't get me wrong, it's not about conquests, or control, or even sex (but sex it nice). I just want to be charmed and entertained. I haven't been having fun with the men I've been involved with. It was all so one-sided. I think that as long as I'm honest with the new men I see, I'm good. I figure I don't really owe them anything more then that. And if one day I decide that it's not fun anymore, or if one just happens to stand out above the rest then I'll reevaluate the situation and go from there.

This is the "do what feels good" phase of my life. I want to focus on more travel and keeping a strong rotation of men in my life. What can I say, I'm a simple woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment