About Me

My photo
I'm just your average 35 year old woman. I'm attractive, smart, funny, strong, driven, sincere, educated, well traveled, independent, a freak in bed (you know I had to include that), etc. I’m the girl that gets asked, “Why are you still single?” And really, it’s simple. I’m single because I choose to be...and I’m attracted to emotionally unavailable men. Beginning in 2011, I’m starting a study. Instead of declining, avoiding, or ignoring men, I’m going on as many dates as possible. This blog will chronicle those experiences and then some. Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/SerialCasDater

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And the Winner Is...

Last night, I went on a date with a guy I met the week before at a friends gig. I'm not sure what to call him yet (By the way, I don't think I've shared this before but I won't be using any of the mens real names. That's just tacky.)...so, for the time being, my Monday night date will be called 'He who shall remain nameless' or HWSRN for short. Yea, sometimes I wonder why I think of the crap I think of too.

Anyhow, HWSRN called to see if I was still up for getting together (we made plans via text several days earlier). I told him I was. We agreed that he would come pick me up. Yes, I know I said I wouldn't let men pick me up but we met through mutual friends so that's an amendment to the rule.

The plan was we were to go salsa dancing. He knocked on my door, I invited him in, I offered him a drink and we never left the apartment. We ended up talking and getting to know each other...over cocktails, of course.

Our interaction was almost childlike. It was really sweet and comfortable. At first we were on the sofa. Than, because I needed to google something, we had to go to my room (even though I have a laptop) and we layed in my bed talking some more. Honestly, I'd been having dirty thoughts about him for the past couple of days so I hoped he would make a move. At some point, I could tell he was thinking about it but didn't and I didn't either. The first move...that's mans work :). So we kept talking and talking it turned out to be really nice! I felt close to him even though we had just met.

It made me think of Mr. Callous and how I can't remember ever feeling that close to him...EVER. And I thought, 'How sad.' Mr. Callous and I were friends for years before anything physical happened between us. To never have felt close to him. Sad. Honestly, I feel like I don't even know him, probably never will. Sad.

Around 1am, I started to get sleepy. After all, I am getting old :) and I had to be at work early the next morning. So I told HWSRN that I think I need to get to sleep. Yep, very sleepy indeed. He got up, put on his shoes and took his glass to my kitchen (considerate, huh?). I walked him to the door not really sure if our evening was a date or two buddies hanging out. I went to give him a hug goodbye and he just grabbed my face and kissed me. And you know I likes when the men folk get a little forceful. It was the kind of kiss that leaves you wanting more. So, I guess it was a date after all.

Anyway, so far HWSRN is the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment