About Me

My photo
I'm just your average 35 year old woman. I'm attractive, smart, funny, strong, driven, sincere, educated, well traveled, independent, a freak in bed (you know I had to include that), etc. I’m the girl that gets asked, “Why are you still single?” And really, it’s simple. I’m single because I choose to be...and I’m attracted to emotionally unavailable men. Beginning in 2011, I’m starting a study. Instead of declining, avoiding, or ignoring men, I’m going on as many dates as possible. This blog will chronicle those experiences and then some. Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/SerialCasDater

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Words of Wisdom From a Stranger

Just met this guy on Twitter. Let's call him DC. I thought DC was trying to hit on me but it turns out he is just networking (he hit me up on my personal Twitter page). We ended up chatting for a while on Messenger. Somehow we started talking about relationships, etc. He's married and decided to grace me with some knowledge.
DC
soooooo are you looking for the right guy? 6:57 PM

ME
The right guy...is there such a thing?? Yes, I would like to meet someone but I'm kind of working on some things first. I think I attract the wrong kind of men. Gotta work on some things on myself so that I don't do that any longer. 6:59 PM

DC
what does that mean attract the wrong kind of men? 6:59 PM

ME
I always end up involved with emotionally unavailable men. I just got out of something that lasted a year and a half but I knew the whole while it was going no where. 7:01 PM
Did you get into FB drama with the Mrs? lol 7:01 PM

DC
no no drama on the facebook thing....just had a few reasons....really I just think it served its purpose I contacted a few people and that was that..... 7:03 PM
emotionally unavailable that it is a new term...explain 7:03 PM

ME
lol 7:03 PM
let's see. 7:03 PM

DC
oh no offense but are you caucasion or mexican? 7:04 PM
I couldn't tell in your pic 7:04 PM

ME
See, now I'm mad...why does every dark haired girl have to be latina...I'm Armenian and Greek. 7:05 PM
I'm not really mad 7:05 PM


DC
lol...oh ok... 7:05 PM
do you speak Greek? 7:05 PM

ME
I used to. Can still understand it but can't jump into a convo. So are you mexican or black? I couldn't tell. 7:06 PM

DC
black...sorry hope I didn't offend you. 7:06 PM

ME
I am soooo playing with you!!! I tend to be a bit sarcastic and sometimes I offend people. Being that I don't know you, please let me know if I offend you. K? 7:07 PM

DC
oh I'm ok... 7:08 PM
so were you born and raised in Houston or did you move to the US at a young age? 7:08 PM

ME
Born in Chicago, then moved to Greece for 5 years, then to Houston. Been here ever since. Houston is no bueno 7:09 PM

DC
ok so back to the emotionally unavailable thing? 7:11 PM

ME
ohhhh...got distracted again. Like the last guy I was seeing. He and I were friends for a few years and he would always make passes at me but we were just friends. He told me all along he's not looking for a relationship. Not sure how but there we were in it and he was always very closed off to me. He was selfish and in truth, I didn't get much from the 'relationship.' Knowing he's not looking for a relationship and not into me and me still getting involved = me picking emotionally unavailable men. 7:16 PM
Does that kind of make sense? 7:17 PM

DC
a little 7:17 PM
sounds like he just didn't express his emotions well 7:18 PM
and you wanted a man that could express them well...or "make them available" 7:18 PM

ME
Emotionally unavailable - usually refers to those who create barriers between themselves and others in an effort to avoid emotional intimacy.
I googled it. lol 7:19 PM

DC
that's about 80 percent of men right? 7:20 PM

ME
LMAO! Go my gosh...that is too funny. Well then, I'm screwed. 7:20 PM

DC
I'm just asking....let me tell you 7:21 PM
we men do have emotions stirring up inside of us 7:21 PM
but often do not know how to share them especially if we didn't grow up expressing them. 7:22 PM
science will make it seem like we intentionally just block everything out and its not like that 7:22 PM
we are made as protectors and providers and that is our instinct to do those types of things 7:22 PM
so the things that women think about we don't think about those things 7:23 PM
or shouldn't say that 7:23 PM
the priority isn't the same 7:23 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment