About Me

My photo
I'm just your average 35 year old woman. I'm attractive, smart, funny, strong, driven, sincere, educated, well traveled, independent, a freak in bed (you know I had to include that), etc. I’m the girl that gets asked, “Why are you still single?” And really, it’s simple. I’m single because I choose to be...and I’m attracted to emotionally unavailable men. Beginning in 2011, I’m starting a study. Instead of declining, avoiding, or ignoring men, I’m going on as many dates as possible. This blog will chronicle those experiences and then some. Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/SerialCasDater

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Conflicted

AHHHHHHHHH!!

As of yesterday, I thought I should probably end things with the guy I'm seeing. Then today came. Le Sigh...

First, I have to explain that he - I'll call him Baby. And yes, that is in fact his pet name. - and I only see each other twice a week or so, which works great for me cause I likes my 'me' time. So we hadn’t spent much time together in the past week and a half. We hung out today. We went for breakfast and to a design market. Being with him was so nice! When I'm with Baby I realize I've been missing him but strangely, when I don't see him I don't really think of him much at all. How normal is that? Really, I'm asking??

I just can't quite figure out if I trying to sabotage one of the best relationship I've have with a man in a while, or if I'm not really feelin' it and am trying to make myself feel more or, is it really his lack of ambition that keeps me somewhat detached?


Did I mention I regressed, back to Mr. Callous? We'll talk more about how that happened on another day. Anyhow, I really shouldn't call it regression. I think it could have easily been a regression if I had felt all lovey over him bit I didn't. It's very strange with he and I. I know he cares for me (Now don't get me wrong, care can mean a lot of things.) but not enough to make whatever it is we have between us ever mean anything. For whatever reason, when it pertains to me, he is limited and the truth is I don't think I really care...anymore. Do I wish things could be different? Of course I do. But there not and that's all there is to that.

So, I spent the night with Mr. Callous on Friday night. It wasn't platonic. Considering how attractive I find him, there was absolutely no passion. The sex was good but in a mechanical way. And again, he wouldn't kiss me.

What's odd is that I wasn't sad about it or mad or anything. Maybe I should have been but who knows. It's strange because when I don't see him, I miss him, I miss talking to him, I want to tell him what's going on in my daily life but then when I'm actually with him physically, I'm detached and feel like we don't have much to say to each other. Perhaps that's a defense mechanism. I'm not sure.

What's even more odd is that he seems to care about the fact that I find him to be the most detached person I've ever known. I'm not sure why he would care about what I think being that I'm relatively unimportant to him.

Either way, I think Friday night may have been our last time on the Ferris wheel. It's just plain silly at this point. I remember Mr. Callous telling me, "I hope we can be friends still." Well, I sincerely hope he'll be ok with us just being friends. Over the past month, I can see more clearly that we're better off as just friends. He actually talks to me like I'm a person or when we're just friends. It's just better off.



Well, I felt that I had to confess my excursion with Mr. Callous because...just because. I think it's a way for me to confess to Baby without actually telling Baby. I've never actually cheated on anyone before, although I'm really not sure if it would be considered cheating. We haven't really had 'the talk' yet but Baby did once make a point to let me know he isn't sleeping with anyone but me. I know it would hurt him. There is no one I would want to hurt less. I feel like I'm just trying to be level heading about getting involved and potentially getting into a relationship. I know I wouldn't be happy grinding each and every day and the person I'm with is just chillin'. Don't get me wrong, he most certainly works but...I'll just say he's a lot more laid back then I am. If finance is the top factor that destroys relationship and I know that it would be a problem for me personally, then aren't I simply making a wise decision?

I'd really love some feedback here. I'm so conflicted.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm new here so I will share my if you'd let me. I was in the same predicament you were once, you cant let go of the past but really have no true prospects in the future so you hold on. I think having no feelings on the after the ride on the Ferris Wheel is a good indicator of the relationship with Mr. Callous. Also, a good indicator of holding on is when you aren't with him, you feel like telling him everything while the opposite with Baby. This could be because you are more secure with how your relationship with Baby. It's hard to let go of what you use to have with someone and find out what you have with them now--a new FRIENDship with Mr. Callus. And maybe Baby isn't THE one for you but he sure can be Mr. Right Now. You needed to sleep with Mr. Callus one last time to confirm those feelings of it isn't going to work. And no, I wouldn't feel bad or feel the need to tell Baby, y'all haven't had the talk and until that happens, I consider y'all just dating. Until there has been an official talk, then you are still a vibrant young woman dating around and do can do what she wants. Maybe I am all wrong with this, but have fun, accept that Mr. Callus and you are now in the friends zone and enjoy the possiblities of what can be with Baby. Or with whomever else. :)

    ps: sorry this is so long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes I need to hear it from someone else. I'm pretty sure Mr. Callous can handle being just friends b/c that's really all he's ever seen me as. As for Baby, well, I'm not ready to end it just yet. However, I'm in the process of making another date with this guy I was supposed to meet before my accident. I'll keep you posted. Again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete